Sunday 18 March 2018
By now you probably already know that this weekend didn’t work out too well for me…
Qatar is not my favourite track on the calendar and the first race of the 2018 season didn’t really change my opinion!
There were a lot of positives to take away from the weekend though; the KTM is great and my pace was strong throughout the sessions, plus we worked really well together as a team.
Qatar is always a tough race; the track conditions are so changeable with the differing light conditions, there’s reduced visibility at times from the sand in the air and the track can be quite slippery. The heat is also a factor but Dunlop did bring extra hard tyres to try to combat that.
Practice went really well and it felt good to end the first day in P2 on the timesheets. And although Qualifying and Race didn’t go exactly as planned, it felt good to be back in the race and competitive.
I’m looking forward to the next race in Argentina and getting this season started properly.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS