Thursday 1 March 2018
As most of you who follow me on social media probably know, I’ve spent most of the winter since Christmas in Spain, training and getting myself to peak fitness to tackle Moto2 as a serious title contender in 2018.
It may sound sunny, but we didn’t escape the beast from the east there either and I’ve had some pretty cold early morning runs. It’s been worth it though and the hard work and effort feels like it’s paying off. I’ve lost some weight and I’m feeling in great condition ahead of the season start.
I’ve done a lot of laps on a practice track and really focused on smoothness and consistency as well, plus I’ve just completed my second test with the new team. We were scheduled for a two-day test, but the weather stopped us riding on day two. It didn’t matter though as we put in a lot of laps on day 1 – 108 to be exact – and tested many things.
Of course, the KTM is a new bike for the team as well as me, and we had a proper test that will save us a lot of time at the GPs once the season starts next month. We had a solid pace and developed a good set-up.
The CGBM Evolution team is awesome to work with and we have really gelled. We all share the ambition to win a title and we’re working hard to achieve it together. I’m looking forward to the last test next week now and then on to race one…
Feeling ready to get #onit
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS