Monday 14 November 2016
Sam Lowes claimed a good fourth place finish in today’s Grand Prix of Valencia at the Ricardo Tormo circuit: on his final race with the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 before moving up to MotoGP, the 26-year-old British rider produced a solid performance, grabbing the fourth position with a nice pass on Alex Rins on the final lap.
Started from the third row with the seventh fastest time, Lowes took fifth place on lap 12 passing Julian Simon, then he pushed hard to close the gap on Alex Rins, overtaking him just a few corners from the finish.
Thanks to this result, Lowes maintained the fifth position in the World Championship with 175 points.
“After three bad races it was important to finish, and we did it. I knew I could keep a similar pace to the fastest riders, and we did it; the problem is that I was not so fast in the first 3 or 4 laps. I was a bit nervous at the start considering that all the crashes in the previous Grands Prix took place in the early stages of the race. Later, however, I could relax and I dug deep: it was not the best ride of the year, but it was a positive one and it’s important to end the Championship in the top five, although we deserved much more. This year I had a great time, the team is fantastic and I want to thank everyone”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS