Friday 28 October 2016
The first day of practice of the Malaysian Grand Prix, conditioned by the changing weather and track conditions, saw Sam Lowes and the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 closing the combined classification with the ninth fastest time, 2’09”802, obtained in the afternoon session with the track drying out after the rain.
Lowes said he was pleased with the feeling aboard his Kalex Moto2 machine in both sessions: tomorrow the 26-year-old British rider will continue to work on the bike together with the team in order to get an improvement and try to fight for the top positions in Qualifying.
“It was a positive day, because I felt comfortable riding despite some wet patches on the track. The feeling is good and I think that tomorrow we can still improve a little bit the bike set-up: after Australia is nice having completed such a positive day of practice, with good results in the morning in the wet and making a lot of laps in the afternoon. Slowly we are going back where we need to be. Obviously it’s only free practice, but at the end of the day the tyres were over race distance and this is another positive aspect, because this circuit is usually challenging for the tyres. The resurfaced track is better, but it does not dry properly, some parts remain too wet”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS