Friday 21 October 2016
The first day of practice for the Australian Grand Prix saw Sam Lowes and the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 in action for only four laps during the morning session: on a track made treacherous by rain, the 26-year-old British rider slipped without consequences in the early stages of the FP1 session, then considering the conditions the team decided to stay in the pit for the rest of the session.
Later, the difficult conditions due to the intensification of the rain brought the Race Direction to delete the FP2 session scheduled in the afternoon.
“In the first laps of the FP1 I was feeling good and I’m quite happy for that, despite the small crash. The track feels quite good when there is no standing water, so with normal rain, the asphalt seems okay. Even if tomorrow will be wet, the water should be a lot less, so I’m quite confident. If the race on Sunday will be dry, hopefully we can get some dry track time tomorrow”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS