Sunday 16 October 2016
Today’s Japanese Grand Prix at Twin Ring Motegi unfortunately ended prematurely for Sam Lowes and the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2: the 26-year-old British rider in fact was forced to retire after a crash at the end of the second lap, while he was in fourth position. The crash happened after losing the front at Turn 10.
The team will now move to Phillip Island, where this weekend it’s scheduled the second of three consecutive races, the Australian Grand Prix.
“Too bad, I was feeling good and I was feeling comfortable with the bike, but at turn 10 I suddenly lost the front, crashing. I don’t know what happened, but the crash left me a bit surprised, because I as I said I was feeling good and the bike was working well. Now we look forward to the upcoming race in Australia, on a circuit that I really like”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS