Saturday 15 October 2016
Sam Lowes and the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 will start tomorrow’s Japanese Grand Prix from the second row of the grid, the 26-year-old British rider setting the fourth fastest time, 1’50”333, at the end of this afternoon’s Qualifying session at Twin Ring Motegi.
Very determined as always, Lowes has improved significantly during Qualifying compared to the free practice, missing the front row for just 0.016 seconds, showing an excellent competitiveness. The good pace shown on the long runs on used tyres also bodes well ahead of a race that promises to be closely fought.
“The fourth position is a good result because it means that we can start the race very close to the front: our pace is already good, but tomorrow morning during the warm-up we will try to make some other small improvements on the bike. I expect a race with very fast lap times, but I feel good and I’m confident: during practice I made several long runs on old tyres, keeping a good pace, so we believe we can enter into the fight at the top. Zarco and Luthi in particular are very competitive here, but we will be there!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS