Tuesday 11 October 2016
Sam Lowes and the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 prepare to face the most intense and important phase of the 2016 campaign, including the traditional three consecutive races outside Europe leading up to the grand finale in Valencia. The first event is scheduled for this weekend in Japan at the Twin Ring Motegi circuit, where the 26-year-old British rider, fresh from the stunning win at Aragon, is determined to get another great result to keep alive the fight for the World Title, which sees him opposed to Johann Zarco and Alex Rins.
The Championship standings now see Lowes sitting in third place, 40 points behind Zarco and 39 behind Rins, with four races left to play.
“We have been really strong in Aragon, taking pole position and victory, so we head to Motegi bringing a lot of confidence with us: I’m feeling good and I think that in Japan we can fight again for the win. It will be important to start in a good way the triple-header of races outside Europe, because the fight for the World Title is definitely not over, and we will keep pushing until the end: a good result at Motegi would give us even more confidence ahead of Phillip Island and Sepang, other two good tracks for us. Anything can happen, I feel great and I want to give everything!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS