Friday 23 September 2016
Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 racer Sam Lowes closed the first day of practice for the Grand Prix of Aragon with the second fastest time: in the morning session the 26-year-old British rider clocked 1’53”767, then beaten for only 0.065 seconds in the afternoon by Japanese Takaaki Nakagami.
A really good start for Lowes – who was also pleased with the pace kept on used tyres – which bodes well ahead of the rest of the weekend. Sam tomorrow will try to further improve working together with the team, especially on the front end of his Kalex Moto2 machine.
“We were fast in Silverstone, but in Misano we were struggling, so it’s nice to be fast again here. I feel really good, my pace on old tyres is very strong, and we can still improve. Actually the bike is already working quite well, but we can improve in some areas. We are struggling a little bit with front end feeling, so we will try some set up solution we tried last week in Valencia. Now the pressure for the Championship is off, so I will just try to have fun and win some races. We are working hard and I’m looking forward to tomorrow!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS