Sunday 11 September 2016
Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 rider Sam Lowes was forced to retire in today’s Grand Prix of San Marino and Riviera di Rimini at Misano following a crash during the 13th of the 26 laps of the race: the 25-year-old British racer was in fourth position, fighting for a podium finish, when he lost the front end at turn 15.
In the previous laps Lowes engaged a good fight for the third step of the podium, overtaking Johann Zarco and Thomas Luthi, then he battled with Franco Morbidelli and Takaaki Nakagami before the crash that put him out of action exactly midway through the race.
“We struggled over the weekend and also today the race was not easy. Apart from Nakagami, who had a good pace, I was still faster than the other riders involved in the fight for third place, so I was determined to pass them to try to pull away. Then I had some problems with the bike, I lost the front and I crashed. It’s a real shame. However, now we look forward to the tests we will carry out in Valencia in the coming days, before facing the Aragon Grand Prix, where we will keep working to improve”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS