Saturday 10 September 2016
Aboard the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Kalex machine Sam Lowes set the fourth fastest time at the end of this afternoon’s Qualifying for the Grand Prix of San Marino and Riviera di Rimini at the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli.
The 25-year-old British rider, who clocked 1’37”777, will then start tomorrow from the second row of the grid: a good position to enter the fight for the podium that probably will see Lowes battling against Zarco, Nakagami and Baldassarri, the riders who tomorrow at 12.20 will start from the front row. Lowes was in fact pleased with the race pace he showed with old tyres during this morning’s third and final Free Practice session.
“We have been fast in the early stages of the Qualifying, then in the second exit we had some problems, with a lot of traffic and many riders going slow on track. Also my feeling with the front was not so good, so we tried something for tomorrow, but step by step we arrived where we need to be. This morning we did a good 1’38”5 on a really old tyre, so actually the last Free Practice session was good. This afternoon we have been fast immediately, so I think that we can do a good job for the race. It will be a nice fight for the podium!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS