Friday 9 September 2016
The Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 and Sam Lowes were back on track today for the first two Free Practice sessions of the Grand Prix of San Marino and Riviera di Rimini: at the Misano World Circuit Marco Simoncelli the 25-year-old British rider completed 41 laps in total, working hard with the team ahead of Sunday’s race.
Looking mainly for a better grip, Lowes set the 12th fastest time in the combined classification of the two sessions with 1’38”529, and he’s confident that he can improve further tomorrow for the third and final Free Practice session before the Qualifying session that will decide the starting grid.
“Today we have been struggling for grip, like everybody: we tried some set-up solutions in the afternoon session, and one was good, so we’ll see how it goes tomorrow. We put in a lot of laps working for the race and I think that we can improve further and make a good job tomorrow”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS