Saturday 3 September 2016
Sam Lowes set the pole position of the British Gran Prix thanks to a fantastic performance performed in this afternoon’s wet Qualifying session at SIlverstone: after leading the way in all the three dry free practice sessions, the 25-year-old Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 rider has therefore proved to be the fastest also in the rain, beating in the final stages of the Qualifying Frenchman Johann Zarco, with a lap time of 2’26”740.
Lowes, who enjoyed so far a perfect weekend, is therefore ready to fight for victory in the 18-lap race which will start tomorrow at 2 pm local time.
“I’ve been the fastest in every dry practice session, but I honestly didn’t expect to be able to get the pole position in the wet! This means that even in these conditions we made a good step forward, and the good performance we put on display at Brno helped us: that podium in the rain gave me confidence ahead of this race, no doubt! I still hope for a dry race tomorrow, as indicated by weather forecasts, because so far it has been a very positive weekend and on the dry I think that I have a small advantage on the other riders; that said, of course it won’t be easy, as always: Zarco will definitely be in the game, but I know I can fight for a really good result and keep alive the fight for the title!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS