Wednesday 31 August 2016
Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 rider Sam Lowes is ready to fight in the British Grand Prix, twelfth round of the 2016 Moto2 World Championship taking place this weekend on the fast Silverstone circuit: fresh from the third place finish in Czech Republic, the 25-year-old British rider is determined to get another good result in front of his home crowd, in an attempt to close the gap in the standings from his title rivals, Johann Zarco and Alex Rins.
Started from pole position last year and currently third in the championship with 137 points, Lowes will be back aboard his Kalex on Friday 2 September for the first free practice session, while the race will start on Sunday 4 September at 2pm local time.
“It’s always very nice for me to get to Silverstone for the Grand Prix: there will be many fans to support me and this gives me a great charge. It’s a track where I know I can be very competitive: last year I got the pole position and this year the goal is to fight for victory. We know we have what it takes to succeed, so we will give our best, trying to have fun. We may encounter variable weather, but it’s a possibility that does not bother me: the good performance achieved in Brno in the wet was a nice confidence boost from this point of view, so we are confident whatever the circumstances”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS