Sunday 21 August 2016
Aboard the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Kalex machine Sam Lowes crossed the finish line of today’s rain hit Czech Grand Prix at Brno in third place: despite treacherous conditions the 25-year-old British rider put in an excellent performance, recovering from fifth to third position in the early laps of the race and maintaining the position until the checkered flag, behind winner Jonas Folger and Spaniard Alex Rins, second.
After two races in which he was forced to retire, Lowes was therefore back on the podium reinforcing the third position in the overall standings with 137 points ahead of his home Grand Prix at Silverstone, scheduled for September 4th.
“Given the situation, this third place is a very important result for me: in the dry I had a great chance to win, because I rode well all weekend and I felt very competitive, but that’s okay , because I was able to keep a good pace also in the wet and I didn’t expect to be so fast. Today we still managed to beat Zarco, while for Rins, with 7-8 laps to go I thought it would be possible to reach him, then I preferred to avoid risks because we come from two DNFs and today it was really important to finish the race. This performance is also important ahead of my home race at Silverstone, because also there we may face a variable weather variable and today’s result gives me great confidence”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS