Tuesday 16 August 2016
The fast and flowing Brno circuit, in the Czech Republic, is going to host this weekend the eleventh round of the 2016 Moto2 World Championship: fresh from the disappointing race in Austria, Sam Lowes and the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 are determined to return to fight for the top positions on a track that on paper looks favourable.
Fifth placed in last year’s edition, Lowes will be back on his Kalex machine for the first Free Practice Friday, August 19 at 10.55 to begin to prepare for the 20-lap race to be held Sunday, August 21 at 12.20.
“In Austria we faced a very particular track without testing there before and during the race weekend we have been struggling in particular in a specific sector of the circuit, the T2. Now the Championship battle is very complicated, but we don’t want to think about it: from now on we will try to focus race by race. I like the track at Brno and the goal will be to have fun and enjoying riding my bike again. I think that the track, fast and really wide, will help us: we want to return competitive and we have two very good opportunities to do so, Brno and Silverstone, two circuits that I really like. We want to forget Austria and arrive in the Czech Republic with confidence”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS