Saturday 13 August 2016
Aboard the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Kalex machine, Sam Lowes will start from the third row of the grid in tomorrow’s Austrian Grand Prix at the Red Bull Ring. The 25-year-old British rider set the seventh fastest time – 1’29”714 – at the end of this afternoon’s qualifying session
Lowes worked well with the team, improving his lap times by 0.7 seconds compared to yesterday, and showed during the Qualifying a steady pace which bodes well ahead of tomorrow’s 25-lap race.
“We have improved a lot over the weekend and now my race pace is quite good, under the 1’30” mark. To be honest I expected to go a bit faster in my last run of the Qualifying, because before I was able to do my best performance, 1’29”7, on lap 16, but we had a small problem on the front which caused a bit of chattering, so it was not possible to improve. However, I think we can do a good job on the race tomorrow: we will be there!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS