Friday 12 August 2016
Sam Lowes and the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 officially kicked off today the second half of the 2016 campaign facing the first two free practice sessions of the Austrian Grand Prix at Red Bull Ring in Spielberg.
At his first visit on this track riding his Kalex Moto2 machine, unlike many other riders who had the opportunity to carry out some tests last July, Lowes closed the first day of free practice with the 13th fastest time, 1’30”481, focusing on set-up without putting the softer tyre in the afternoon session. Tomorrow team and rider will focus mainly on the second sector of the track, at the moment the one where Sam is struggling more, while the good split times in the other sectors of the track are encouraging ahead of tomorrow afternoon’s Qualifying.
“Having not tested here, we knew that there would be a lot of work to do, so I’m not so worried about the gap: I feel pretty good and, despite not having used the best tyre in the afternoon session, my ideal time is quite fast. The potential is good and I’m quite happy for this: we still need to improve a little at Turn 2 and overall in the second sector of the track, while for the rest I already feel strong”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS