Tuesday 9 August 2016
After the summer break, the 2016 Moto2 World Championship resumes this weekend in Austria: in the tenth race of the season, Sam Lowes and the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 will face the fast Red Bull Ring circuit, on which the World Championship returns for the first time since 1997.
Currently third in the standings behind Frenchman Johann Zarco and Spaniard Alex Rins, Sam Lowes will try to return to the top on a track where he had the opportunity to ride during two days of testing carried out last 19 and 20 July aboard the Aprilia MotoGP machine he will use in 2017. The 25-year-old British rider was impressed by the layout of the track, characterized by hard braking, hard acceleration and steep elevation changes, and is therefore confident that he can get a good result.
“I’m really looking forward to Austria: obviously Germany was not good for us, so we need to get back into the fight for the Championship. I’m really focused and I feel ready: the MotoGP test in July was a nice experience, I enjoyed the circuit and even if I didn’t ride with the Moto2 I was able to learn the track, which has a really nice layout. I’m looking forward to a strong weekend and our goal is quite simple: we have to start to gain points back on Johann Zarco, and start winning races. During the summer break I have not done too much, I’ve just tried to train hard in order to be ready to fight for the last nine races of the Championship. I feel confident and I can’t wait to get to Austria!”
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS