Saturday 16 July 2016
Sam Lowes will start from the fourth row of the grid in tomorrow’s German Grand Prix at the Sachsenring. Aboard the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Kalex machine the 25-year-old British rider set the tenth fastest time – 1’24”976 – at the end of a tight Qualifying session, which saw the top 18 riders in a single second.
Closed the Qualifying session 0.7 seconds off the pace, Lowes will continue to work tomorrow morning with the team looking for a good race pace which will allow him recovery positions during the 29 laps of the race.
It wasn’t easy today. Yesterday we could have done some more track time, but it must be said that this circuit is not so good for my riding style, so we just have to keep working in order to try to find a good rhythm for the race, because we know that we can improve tomorrow. Hopefully we can make a good Warm Up in the morning and then going good for the race. I think we can maintain a consistent pace, we just need to improve front feeling and rear grip a little bit
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS