Friday 15 July 2016
Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 rider Sam Lowes closed the first day of practice of the German Grand Prix in fifth position: both sessions held today at the Sachsenring were affected by weather conditions, in particular by the low temperatures and a few drops of rain.
Lowes set his best performance, 1’25”737, in the final stages of the afternoon session: a lap time obtained in a run of only two laps, after running the first part of the session with a different type of tyre that had not given Sam a good feeling.
This morning, with low temperatures, the track conditions were strange and as a result we didn’t do many laps. In the afternoon, then, we tried a different tyre that we didn’t like. In the end we went back to the other tyre, but I was able to complete only two laps: with more laps we would have been closer to the top, but I’m relaxed and I feel good, so we believe that we can significantly improve tomorrow. Hopefully the weather will be better so we can do more laps and at that point we can also better understand how to work on the bike to make further progress. With regard to the bike set-up we can improve a bit the front end, but the feeling is already good.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS