Tuesday 21 June 2016
The eighth round of the 2016 Moto2 World Championship takes place this weekend at the historic TT Circuit Assen: this year, for the first time since 1949, racing at the Dutch TT will take place on Sunday instead of Saturday. An evocative and also very important event for Sam Lowes and for the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2, fighting in the top positions of the standings.
Lowes, currently second in the Championship 8 points behind Spaniard Alex Rins and just two points ahead of Frenchman Johann Zarco, will try to return to fight for victory on a track where he has always shown good performances: the 25-year-old English rider played a starring role in last year’s race, starting from the front row and crossing the finish line in third place.
“I can’t wait for Assen, after last race we need to come and fight for the win there. We have been working hard off the track and we know that we can do a good job in Assen! I enjoy the circuit, some parts of the track suit my style and I aways had a good feeling there in the past. I’m happy to get there and see my team again and start work on the bike!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS