Saturday 4 June 2016
Aboard the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Kalex machine, Sam Lowes set the fifth fastest time in this afternoon’s Qualifying for the Catalan Grand Prix on the Montmelò circuit, and therefore he will start tomorrow from the middle of the second row.
The 25-year-old British rider set his best lap time, 1’49”619, in the early stages of the Qualifying session, then a crash halfway through the session has actually prevented to improve further. As always, however, Lowes left no stone unturned: back on track with less than 5 minutes from the checkered flag thanks to the exceptional work of the team on the damaged bike, in his latest attempt Sam was only 0.060 seconds off the pole position time at the T3 and only one little mistake in the T4 has not allowed him to get a front row start.
“Unfortunately in my first real fast lap I made a mistake and I crashes, but the team did a fantastic job repairing the bike very quickly, allowing me to get back on track in the last minutes of the session. Today we could get the front row start, and instead we will have to start from the second row, but that’s okay: this morning I had no feeling with the front, but in the afternoon we were able to take a big step forward, the bike has improved a lot and now I have a good feeling. For this reason I’m very optimistic, tomorrow we can have a good race!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS