Saturday 21 May 2016
Aboard the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Kalex machine, Sam Lowes set the pole position during this afternoon’s Qualifying for the Italian Grand Prix at Mugello: the 25-year-old British rider, already on pole last year and track record holder, thus confirmed once again himself as the fastest rider around the Tuscan track.
Lowes clocked 1’51”965 on the tenth of the 18 laps completed during Qualifying: a great performance that the other rider were able only to approach in the final stages of the session. Joining him on the front row tomorrow will be Japanese Takaaki Nakagami and Italian Lorenzo Baldassarri.
This is the third pole position of the season for Sam after those in Termas de Rio Hondo and in Jerez: a great premise for tomorrow’ 21-lap race, which will start at 12.20.
“Even though I was not in the best position yesterday, we knew we were in a good way. In fact, this morning we have been fast straight away, then we set the pole position on the hard tyre. I feel really good and relaxed on the bike and I think that we have a good chance for tomorrow. I’m happy especially for the team, because is really helping me to improve, and to give them a pole position in their home race is really nice. Tomorrow it will be really difficult to go away because of the slipstreams, but I have a good pace so for sure I will try!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS