Friday 20 May 2016
Today’s first two free practice sessions at the Mugello circuit officially opened the weekend of the Italian Grand Prix, sixth round of the 2016 Moto2 World Championship. Aboard the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 kalex machine, Sam Lowes closed the combined timesheets in ninth place with a lap time of 1’53”282, just over 0.3 seconds off the pace.
Third fastest with 1’54”166 in the morning session, started with the track still damp after overnight rain, Lowes improved his performance in the afternoon, closing ninth in the standings but still among the fastest riders on track. The 25-year-old British rider is confident of being able to further improve himself tomorrow and get back in the top positions. In particular, Sam will work with his technicians especially to improve the behavior of his bike in the fast chicanes of the Tuscan circuit.
“It was not bad at all today: we are all very close, with lap times very similar. Obviously we need to improve a little tomorrow, but I feel good on the bike and I think we can make a good step forward. My impression is that this weekend we will be there, unlike what happened in Le Mans where we were struggling. Tomorrow we will focus on improving the agility of the bike in the chicanes, and we will also try to find a solution that can allow the bike to turn easier. We can do it, we are not at the limit regarding these areas and we already know in which direction to work”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS