Wednesday 18 May 2016
The 2016 Moto2 World Championship resumes this weekend at the fast and flowing Mugello circuit, which hosts the Italian Grand Prix. After the sixth place finish in France, the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 is determined to get back in the fight for a podium finish on a track where Sam Lowes has always been extremely competitive.
The 25-year-old British rider in fact holds the circuit record in 1’51”514, a lap time which last year allowed him to start from pole position a race finished in fourth place. The target is therefore to re-join the battle for the podium and thus collect important points for the championship, which currently sees Lowes second overall only 5 points behind Spaniard Alex Rins.
“We had a difficult weekend at Le Mans, but we are not thinking about it anymore and we must look at the positives: we have been fast at Barcelona test after the Jerez race, and also two days ago at Misano, so we head to Mugello very confident. It’s a track that I love: last year I started from pole position and I got the fourth place despite a mistake early in the race which forced me to come back from behind, so I’m looking forward to racing! Our goal is to get back on the podium to keep the title challenge on!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS