Saturday 7 May 2016
Sam Lowes will start from the third row of the grid in tomorrow’s French Grand Prix: aboard the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Kalex machine the 25-year-old British rider set the ninth fastest time, 1’37”396, at the end of this afternoon Qualifying session at the historic Le Mans circuit.
The championship leader, who set the pole position in Termas de Rio Hondo and in Jerez, on this occasion struggled to find the right feeling with the front end and will therefore continue to work during tomorrow morning’s Warm Up to improve for the race, scheduled for tomorrow at 12.20.
“Yesterday we were struggling with the front end and we lost a bit of confidence, so today we continued to struggle a bit to find the right feeling. Anyway our race pace is not bad, even if we are missing something from the top guys: hopefully we can improve overnight analyzing the data and tomorrow we will try to find something in the Warm Up. Then I will try to make a good start and fight till the end!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS