Friday 6 May 2016
The first day of practice of the French Grand Prix, fifth round of the 2016 Moto2 World Championship, saw Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 rider Sam Lowes working a lot on the set up of his Kalex machine, closing the day with the 13th fastest time in the combined standings, 1’38”524.
The 25-year-old Championship leader will continue to work tomorrow together with the team and with Kalex and Ohlins technicians, especially to get a better front end feeling, convinced he can improve and return in the top positions ahead of the Qualifying session that will decide the starting grid for Sunday’s race.
“Today we tried many things, but we couldn’t get a good feeling. Anyway, the situation is not as bad as it looks. We tried very different set up solutions between FP1 and FP2, but we took a wrong direction, so tomorrow we will go back to this morning’s bike and we will keep working in order to improve. I think we can do it, we just need to work to find a bit more feeling on the front”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS