Wednesday 4 May 2016
The Moto2 World Championship heads this weekend to France, at the historic Bugatti circuit of Le Mans, home of the fifth round of the 2016 campaign. Fresh from the stunning victory in Jerez and leader in the Championship, Sam Lowes will try once again to join the fight for the podium aboard the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Kalex machine.
Already very competitive in last year’s edition of the French Grand Prix, in which he was second fastest in Qualifying (setting the same lap time of pole man Alex Rins) and very close to the podium in the race, Lowes also arrives at Le Mans in high spirits after a positive day of testing carried out last April 29 at circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, where he put on display once again a very good performance, especially in terms of race pace.
“I really enjoy racing at Le Mans: the track suits my riding style, which is aggressive on braking, having a ‘stop&go’ layout with hard braking points. Hopefully I can reach a good feeling with my Kalex and thus continue to be as competitive as in the last races, in order to collect good points for the championship. Alex Rins was very fast last year here, but I was fast too, in fact one year ago we got exactly the same lap time in Qualifying. Therefore I expect a good fight with him and I can’t wait to get on track!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS