Sunday 24 April 2016
Aboard the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Kalex machine, Sam Lowes delivered a master class victory in today’s Spanish Grand Prix at the Jerez circuit. Started from the pole position, the 25-year-old British rider took the lead on the second lap, keeping it until the checkered flag thus claiming his first win of the season.
Lowes rode a flawless race with Jonas Folger who followed him at short distance up to 10 laps to go, then he opened a gap on the German crossing the finish line with more than a two-second gap. Spaniard Alex Rins climbed to the third step of the podium.
With this victory Lowes extends his lead in the Championship with 72 points, 10 more than Alex Rins.
“It was a long race, no doubt! I knew that Folger had a good pace and I knew that also Rins was in the game, so I was expecting a tough race. The track conditions have changed several times over the weekend and today have changed again, with higher temperatures. However, here we have made many tests in the winter and thanks to this work the bike always worked very well. After the two second places, obtained racing two strong races, I was confident ahead of this event. I wanted to try to win and I did it, so I’m very happy for this first victory of the season. Now we look forward to Le Mans and the rest of the season!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS