Sunday 10 April 2016
Aboard the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Kalex machine, Sam Lowes rode another strong race today in Texas, in the Grand Prix of the Americas, crossing the finsh line in second place behind Spaniard Alex Rins.
Started from the front row and fifth position after a few corners, the 25-year-old British riders settled quickly into second place, scoring the fastest lap and passing Folger, Zarco and Aegerter in the early laps. Sam then was closely behind Rins for all the race, but in the final stages he could not launch the attack for the victory.
Like in Argentina a week ago, Lowes therefore stood once again on the second step of the podium: an important result which allows him to take the lead in the Championship with 47 points, one more than Alex Rins.
“I’m happy with this second place, although of course I wanted to win. Congratulations to Rins, who was very strong today, but I was fast too and until about 7 laps to go I thought it was still possible to try to attack him, because I was feeling very good with the bike. A few laps later, though, for two consecutive laps I lost grip at the front on the last corner, so I decided not to take risks, finish the race and bring these 20 points at home, also because Rins was keeping great pace and it would still have been very difficult to catch him. It’s good to get two second places in two races and it’s nice to be leading the Championship despite the ride through in Qatar: it’s going to be a hard-fought championship in all races with the other two riders on the podium with me today, Rins and Zarco. Now we head to Jerez, a track I love, so I can’t wait to get there!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS