Sunday 10 April 2016
Aboard the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Kalex machine, Sam Lowes set the third fastest time in today’s Qualifying session for the Grand Prix of the Americas and he will therefore start from the front row tomorrow in a race that promises to be closely fought. The 25-year-old British rider set a lap time of 2’09”100, 0.250 seconds behind the pole man, Spaniard Alex Rins, and just 34 thousandths of a second behind Frenchman Johann Zarco, second.
Sam, at the third front row start in as many races, can count on a good pace and tomorrow will try to join the fight for victory in the 19-lap race, scheduled at 12.20 local time, 7:20 pm CET.
“I’m happy with today’s result: Rins can count on a good race pace, but we are not so far behind, and tomorrow we can do well, also because I’m comfortable on the bike and I really like this track. First of all, tomorrow it will be important to stay out of trouble in the early laps and then set a good pace in order to have a good race. The bike is working well: we will definitely try something else in the Warm Up tomorrow morning, but everything is under control. We have a good opportunity to get a good result”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS