Friday 8 April 2016
Aboard the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Kalex machine, Sam Lowes set today the sixth fastest time at the end of the first day of practice for the Grand Prix of the Americas, clocking 2’10”435. Despite a fall in the first session and one in the afternoon, the 25-year-old British rider enjoyed a successful start of the weekend, showing a good pace and reaching good feeling with the bike, apart from the final part of the second session, in which Lowes was slowed down by a lack of rear grip.
“This morning in the first session I felt good with the hard tyre and I was feeling good also at the beginning of the second session. In the second exit of the afternoon session, however, I was not able to get the same feeling with the tyres, lacking some grip, but overall we are happy with this first day. We already have a pretty good pace and we just need to improve the bike set-up a little bit: we will continue to work hard and we believe we can do well tomorrow”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS