Tuesday 5 April 2016
After celebrating the brilliant second place in the Grand Prix of Argentina, Sam Lowes and the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 are preparing to face another important round of the 2016 Moto2 World Championship this weekend, at the spectacular Circuit of the Americas in Texas.
Victorious in last year’s edition, Lowes arrives in the United States heartened by the result obtained in Termas de Rio Hondo, which allowed him to be back in the first positions in the overall Championship standings despite the Jump Start and the resulting ride-through that had relegated him in ninth place in Qatar. To give confidence to 25-year-old British rider is also the excellent behaviour of his Kalex with Ohlins suspension, a technical package which proved very competitive in every track so far.
The race will take place on 19 laps and will start at 12:20 local time, 7:20 CET.
“It was really important to get a good result in Argentina because at the first Grand Prix in Qatar we have been unlucky. I love the track in Austin and the goal has to be to try to win, which is a realistic target. The bike has been good on every track so far, so I can’t see why it wouldn’t be at Circuit of the Americas. I’m really happy, I feel that we can do a good job and I’m going to Texas to try to win the race starting from where we finished last weekend”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS