Tuesday 29 March 2016
The Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 and Sam Lowes head this weekend in South America for the second round of the 2016 season, the Grand Prix of Argentina on the spectacular Termas de Rio Hondo circuit, characterised by numerous fast, long-radius corners.
After the disappointment of the opening round in Qatar, where Sam Lowes’ race was conditioned by a ride through penalty for jump start, the team and the 25-year-old British rider are determined to return to play a leading role. Third in last year in Argentina, Lowes has in fact underlined his potential at Losail, recovering up to ninth place after the ride through and setting the fastest lap of the race on the final lap.
The 23-lap race will start on Sunday at 2:20 pm local time, 7:20 pm CET.
“I cannot wait to get back on track in Argentina: I enjoy the circuit a lot and last year I was competitive, getting a nice podium finish. I feel very positive and I know that we are going the right way, so we will start the weekend knowing that we can stay at the top. I will keep fighting and improving, as always”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS