Saturday 19 March 2016
Aboard the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Kalex machine, Sam Lowes claimed a fantastic front row start at the end of this evening’s Qualifying for the Grand Prix of Qatar. The 25-year-old British driver set the second fastest time, 1’59”124, just 0.072 seconds off the pole position, set by German Jonas Folger.
The 20-lap race will start tomorrow at 7:20 pm local time, 5:20 pm CET.
“I’m really happy, I was fast with both tyres today and I made again a really good pace. The wind was quite strong so I lost something in the last split without splistream, but that’s okay. I feel good, starting from the second position is positive and I think that for tomorrow we have a good chance to fight for victory. Thanks to my team, we made a good job and I’m ready to go!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS