Saturday 19 March 2016
Aboard the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Kalex machine, Sam Lowes set the fastest time at the end of the third and final free practice session for the Grand Prix of Qatar, this evening at the Losail International Circuit. Again very fast and consistent, the 25-year-old English rider clocked an excellent 1’59”262, 0.2 seconds ahead of Swiss Thomas Luthi.
Lowes set the fastest time at the end of an 11-lap long run: a very promising performance ahead of tomorrow’s qualifying session, scheduled at 6:55 pm local time, 4:55 CET.
“I’m really happy because today we made many fast laps: every time I had a clear track I made 1’59”, so I feel strong. The track conditions changed yesterday, it was different from the test and I made a couple of mistakes. However, now the bike is working well, there is more rubber on the track so the feeling is good. We keep working, but 1’59”2 on lap 11 is really impressive and it makes us really confident ahead of the race, so thanks to the team and we’ll see how it goes tomorrow!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS