Friday 18 March 2016
The first two free practice sessions of the Grand Prix of Qatar which took place today under the floodlights of the Losail International Circuit officially kicked off the 2016 campaign of the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2. Aboard his Kalex Moto2 machine, twenty-five British driver Sam Lowes, who had two crashes without consequences, was second fastest in the combined classification with a lap time of 1’59”657, thus confirming himself among the fastest, as happened during the pre-season test.
“The track conditions have changed compared to the test, so maybe I should have stayed more relaxed to avoid the crashes: sorry to the team for this, but overall it was still a good first day of practice. We have already forgotten the falls and we take only the good things about today: the team did a fantastic job and today I immediately felt comfortable on the bike and managed to be fast. Tomorrow we will keep working for the race, to further adapt the bike to the track conditions, but I already feel good”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS