Sunday 13 March 2016
Sam Lowes put the seal today to an excellent pre-season, closing at the top the last day of official night testing at the Losail International Circuit: aboard the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Kalex machine the 25-year-old English rider set the time of 1’59”405, beating the circuit record, which already belongs to him in 1’59”423.
Lowes wrapped up in the best possible way three days of extremely positive tests, in which he has always been fast and consistent. The whole team then looks with great confidence to the first Grand Prix of the 2016 season, scheduled in just one week always at the Losail International Circuit.
“I’m really happy because it’s been another really good day! We actually tried more things today on the bike than in all the other days, so it was really interesting, because we had to find a good direction and I think that we have already done the big part of the work. We are ready and I’m feeling happy, so I can’t wait for the race weekend, for sure it’s going to be a good race! We will keep working in free practice and in Qualifying, then finally we will see how it goes!”
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS