Saturday 12 March 2016
The march of the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 towards the first Grand Prix of the 2016 season continued positively today: in the second of three days of official night testing at the Losail International Circuit Sam Lowes was once again very fast and consistent, working well on his Kalex machine together with his technicians.
The 25-year-old British rider, who completed 50 laps in total, improved his performance from yesterday in the third and final session, setting the third fastest time in 1’59”926 at the end of a 10-lap run and with old tyres.
“It was a fantastic day, because we made a really good step in the last session: working for the race pace I clocked 1’59”9 in a 10-lap run, on lap 16 of the tyre, so I’m really happy and impressed with that time. Then, at the end of the session, I made again 1’59”9 for three consecutive laps, working again on race pace, not pushing for the lap time. I’m feeling really good, the team is doing a great job and we found a good direction. Tomorrow we will keep working on the same direction, in order to improve further”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS