Friday 11 March 2016
The final pre-season test for the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 started today in Qatar where it had finished last week in Jerez, with Sam Lowes once again very fast and very consistent: under the floodlights of the Losail International Circuit, the 25-year-old British rider was the fastest in the first two sessions, finally closing the evening with the second fastest time, 2’00”084, beaten by Alex Rins for only 0.013 seconds in the third and final session.
As happened in the previous tests at Jerez, however, Lowes put on display an impressive race pace, who using old tyres throughout the second session and finally completing a race simulation of 21 laps with a good rhythm in the third and final session.
“It was a really good first day. In the last session we chose to make a race run: the race distance is 20 laps here, and we did 21 laps. It was fantastic, the pace is really good and consistent so I’m happy for that. In the second session we used old tyres and we worked well, and also tomorrow we have a lot of things to try. We need to work on the turning of the bike, on front end feeling and also a little bit on the grip. All the team, Ohlins and Kalex are working really good!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS