Sunday 21 February 2016
The Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 completed today a two-day private test at Jerez de la Frontera: the first outing of 2016 was extremely positive for Sam Lowes, who was able to work hard on the set-up of his Kalex moto2 machine together with his technicians, focusing primarily on Ohlins suspension.
The results were good also with regard to the lap times, with the 25-year-old British rider having a really good pace, closing the test with a best time of 1’42”681. Today Sam completed nearly a hundred laps, including a positive long run of about twenty laps.
The team will be back in action for the IRTA test scheduled from March 2nd to 4th, again at the Jerez circuit.
“Another great day! We managed to try a number of things on the bike and also new suspension parts. What it makes us optimistic is that in the two days of testing we worked on different areas, but everything always gave good results, so now we just need to try to put everything together in order to take another step forward ahead of Qatar.
“Today we focused in particular on the front fork, but we also worked on the rear to improve grip, something that we will continue to work on also in the next test: the fact that it will be held on the same track, always here in Jerez, will allow us to do make precise comparisons. At the end of the day we could improve more, trying to make a flying lap, but at this time there is no need to push. We are fast on the distance and that’s what matters: I completed a long run of 20 laps and my last lap was the best one. This means that we are very consistent, and that the bike allows me to be very fast also in the final stages of a race”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS