Sunday 21 February 2016
The long winter break is officially over: Sam Lowes and the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 were finally back on track today at Jerez de la Frontera for the the first of two days of private testing on the Andalusian circuit. The 25-year-old British rider was back in the saddle of his 2016 Kalex Moto2 machine, kicking off the preparations ahead of the opening round of the 2016 Moto2 campaign, the Qatar Grand Prix scheduled for March 20.
Originally planned on February 18 and 19, the two-day test has been postponed due to bad weather: therefore Lowes was able to go out on track only today, a day in which finally he was able to take advantage of good weather conditions, putting in 93 laps and setting a lap time of 1’42”901. After regaining the pace in the early laps, the Brit worked together with the team mainly on suspension setting, an area on which he will also focus tomorrow.
“It’s been an incredibly positive first day of testing: I took the rhythm very quickly and having been immediately fast we could start working on the bike in a very profitable way. I’m very happy because the whole team, as always, had a very professional approach and a good attitude, so everything came easy.
“Coming from a long winter break I spent the first part of the day to get to speed, then we worked on the rear of the bike, mainly looking for grip. Finally, we focused on the suspensions, trying new parts provided by Ohlins that allowed us to make a good step. We have already found a good direction to follow with regard to the suspension setting, and tomorrow we will continue to work on this area”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS