Saturday 7 November 2015
The last qualifying practice of the season has concluded at the Ricardo Tormo circuit in Valencia. Sam Lowes, after getting the fifth place in the FP3 morning session just 0.178 from the first, due to a crash loses part of the practice, and a little confidence. The British rider still managed to improve his time in the last minutes and get a place in the fourth row of the grid.
The technicians of the Team Speed Up tomorrow will take advantage of the warm up to improve the set up of the SF15 and in the race Sam will fight immediately to recover and to fight for the podium.
“I’m upset because we had a good pace in all sessions, good rhythm, many fast laps and this morning on old tyres I was fast. In the qualifying we had small problems, I crashed at the start of the session and lost some confidence but at the end we pushed to improve, maybe if I had three more laps I could have done more.
I think that we will make some small changes for the warm up and it will be good. If I make a good start I can be fifth, sixth and then fight for the podium. All weekend I had the pace for the podium, I want to finish the season with a good result. We have to find a little bit more feeling in the front and make a good job!”
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS