Sunday 8 November 2020
Sam Lowes crashes out of 2nd place at the Ricardo Tormo Circuit outside Valencia but still sits within six points of the lead in the Moto2 World Championship.
The 30-year old Briton lost three positions on the first lap but, despite a scary front-end moment at turn eight, Lowes looked comfortable as he overtook four riders in a six-rider fight for the win.
Lowes soon climbed to second and was chasing leader Marco Bezzecchi on lap 16 when he lost the front of his machine at turn six and crashed.
Having rejoined the race, Lowes eventually retired on lap 20. The result means he loses the championship lead, but it’s still close. Sam has 178 points and sits just 6 behind Enea Bastianini.
“We are just six points behind and we still have a good chance”
“The conditions have been different all weekend. Today was a completely dry race. I didn’t make a good start but then I was enjoying the battle with the guys and I was in second place. Bezzecchi was really fast so I was happy to sit there and understand everything until the last few laps. Unfortunately, in turn six we had a crash. We are still trying to understand exactly what happened. Obviously, it’s a shame. We were in a great position with three races to go. But now there are two races left, we are just six points behind and we still have a good chance. We have to stay positive because I crashed from second position, not 15th. I was in a good way, like I have been in the last few races. The team has done a great job once again with not much dry track time and the bike was really good in the race. We’ll stay positive and look forward to Valencia 2 and improving on today.”
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS