Sunday 18 March 2018
By now you probably already know that this weekend didn’t work out too well for me…
Qatar is not my favourite track on the calendar and the first race of the 2018 season didn’t really change my opinion!
There were a lot of positives to take away from the weekend though; the KTM is great and my pace was strong throughout the sessions, plus we worked really well together as a team.
Qatar is always a tough race; the track conditions are so changeable with the differing light conditions, there’s reduced visibility at times from the sand in the air and the track can be quite slippery. The heat is also a factor but Dunlop did bring extra hard tyres to try to combat that.
Practice went really well and it felt good to end the first day in P2 on the timesheets. And although Qualifying and Race didn’t go exactly as planned, it felt good to be back in the race and competitive.
I’m looking forward to the next race in Argentina and getting this season started properly.
- 28.07.2020 - Another mature fourth place for Lowes in Andalusia
- 20.07.2020 - Fighting fourth place finish for Lowes as Moto2 racing returns
- 06.09.2019 - Sam Lowes joins Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS for 2020
- 24.08.2019 - NEW T-SHIRTS AVAILABLE
- 13.02.2019 - PRE-SEASON TESTING 2019
- 30.08.2018 - New merchandise available…
- 18.03.2018 - The dark days are over…
- 12.03.2018 - Back on top!
- 01.03.2018 - Feeling ready to get #onit
- 13.02.2018 - Pre-season testing