Monday 24 April 2017
The Texan weekend was a challenging one with Sam Lowes’ race coming to an early end after a crash in the 12th lap. Frustratingly just after finding his pace, moving in behind Smith just behind the points zone.
I think that today was the slowest crash of my career. To be honest, it was a strange weekend for us. Even in the race, the harder front tyre was perfect on the left side in terms of feeling, whereas on the right I wasn’t able to ride. The pace was what I had expected. I was able to stay in the group that was battling for points and despite a mistake in the early stages, I had managed to close the gap. Even on a weekend like this one, we were still able to take a few steps forward. My goal is to stay focused and to continue working with my team so that I can get to the point of exploiting the full potential of my RS-GP.
Now it is time to head for Europe, with two days of testing at Mugello on Wednesday and Thursday. The goal is to pick up from all the positive that had been demonstrated in the first two rounds of the season.
- 30.08.2018 - New merchandise available…
- 18.03.2018 - The dark days are over…
- 12.03.2018 - Back on top!
- 01.03.2018 - Feeling ready to get #onit
- 13.02.2018 - Pre-season testing
- 16.10.2017 - Training, Titles and Life in 2018
- 08.06.2017 - Experience MotoGP™ at Silverstone with fellow SL22 fans
- 06.06.2017 - More laps and learnings in Mugello
- 22.05.2017 - Positive race for Sam Lowes who earns his first championship points
- 08.05.2017 - Sam Lowes gains experience on his RS-GP