Monday 27 March 2017
Sam Lowes, made his MotoGP début this weekend but due to the weather conditions, time on the bike was limited. With a few doubts around set-up, the focus on race day was to finish the race the best he could. The English rider will now gain familiarity with the bike and the category but this was his first step towards being able to grow in the MotoGP Championship.
Sam finished the race 18th.
“It was a hard race. In the early laps I went long a couple of times, losing touch with the group. The balance of the bike changed a lot during the race. Toward the end I was able to go faster than the riders ahead of me and we will need that information to understand how to work on the setup. I am obviously not happy, but first and foremost, I finished my first MotoGP race and, considering the conditions, that was not a given. Losing a day of practice certainly didn’t help. I still need to work on myself and on the bike, so every session becomes essential. We need to take the good that we have learned and start thinking about Argentina.”
- 18.03.2018 - The dark days are over…
- 12.03.2018 - Back on top!
- 01.03.2018 - Feeling ready to get #onit
- 13.02.2018 - Pre-season testing
- 16.10.2017 - Training, Titles and Life in 2018
- 08.06.2017 - Experience MotoGP™ at Silverstone with fellow SL22 fans
- 06.06.2017 - More laps and learnings in Mugello
- 22.05.2017 - Positive race for Sam Lowes who earns his first championship points
- 08.05.2017 - Sam Lowes gains experience on his RS-GP
- 24.04.2017 - The RS-GP confirms its potential even on a difficult weekend