Friday 11 November 2016
The first day of practice for the Grand Prix of Valencia, last round of the 2016 Moto2 World Championship taking place this weekend at the Ricardo Tormo circuit, saw Sam Lowes setting the eighth fastest time – 1’35”823 – in the combined classification aboard the Team Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Kalex machine.
The 26-year-old British rider set his best performance in the morning session, closed in fourth position, then in the afternoon he worked a lot on the bike set-up. Sam and the team look forward to tomorrow, when is scheduled the third and final free practice session before the qualifying session which will decide the starting grid for the Sunday race.
SAM LOWES (8th – 1’35″823)
“Actually today was a quite good day of work: in the afternoon we tried big changes on the bike set-up, something that normally we wouldn’t try in a race weekend, and we think it’s a good direction to follow, though probably the high temperatures in the second session have not helped us. However I feel good, the team is working hard and if we continue like this, tomorrow we can make a strong Qualifying”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS