Tuesday 18 October 2016
After leaving Japan, the Federal Oil Gresini Moto2 Team is moving to Australia, where this weekend is scheduled the sixteenth round of the 2016 Moto2 World Championship at the spectacular Phillip Island circuit. Fifth-placed in the 2014 Australian Grand Prix in his debut year in Moto2, and second in last year’s edition, Sam Lowes arrives on one of his favourite tracks and is therefore determined to fight again for the victory.
The first Free Practice session will kick off Friday 21 October at 11.55 local time, 1.55 CET, while the 25-lap race is scheduled on Sunday 23 October at 14.20 local time, 4.20 CET.
“Phillip Island is a circuit I love and where I’ve always been very strong, since my first year in Moto2. Therefore our goal is to fight again for the victory, because we have everything it takes to be competitive. At the moment the weather forecast for the weekend are not very good, so we could meet difficult conditions, but we are confident and ready anyway!”.
- 22.11.2020 - Lowes signs off from 2020 with unbelievable podium finish
- 15.11.2020 - Heroic Lowes in the points in Valencian GP
- 08.11.2020 - Unfortunate end for Lowes in European GP
- 25.10.2020 - Lowes triumphant in Teruel for third straight victory
- 18.10.2020 - Jubilant Lowes claims second win in seven days in Aragon!
- 11.10.2020 - Lowes flies to famous French win in Le Mans
- 02.10.2020 - “I’m calmer and faster than ever before”
- 28.09.2020 - Second place for Lowes after brilliant Barcelona battle
- 21.09.2020 - All-action Lowes grabs brilliant podium in 10-lap shootout!
- 24.08.2020 - Undeserved ending for Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS